Thursday, July 19, 2007

Moving Rocks

Maybe I should move the rocks in my head before I go to the neighbors and start shoveling their rocks.

Robyn asked me what that means. I explained that I must have rocks in my head, to go to an empty lot and start shoveling rocks. But that's what we're doing.

Actually, I asked permission, and secondly, I'm not shoveling any rocks, Mike is! We live in Arizona and have no grass, but rather lots of gravel. Last spring we planted quite a few plants, and a pigmy palm tree, but the yard still looks dismal!

We had a nice ficus tree that got caught in the freeze that killed lots of ficus trees and a lot of citrus in the valley last winter. Mike chopped the dead ficus tree down yesterday in our 112 degree weather. He was dripping wet.

Last night we, okay he, raked the gravel away in six spots so we can add more rocks and gravel in place of where the gravel was and then spread the gravel back on top. We are attempting to make small hills in the yard, where plants, and boulders will be placed around. I want to make a different elevation. I don't know if we know what we're doing, we might end up calling Hector who works in the park, and does a beautiful job of it.

Either way, the end result should be nice.

No comments:

 
Hire Me Direct