Sunday, July 1, 2007

Enjoyed Idaho

It was a short trip. We arrived in Idaho Friday afternoon. Mike and I were so excited because we were showing up in a new car. We called Susan on the cell phone when we got to within a mile of their home. She said she was in the road and was watching for us. I was shocked when she waved us in to the driveway, and didn't even notice the car was new.

She said, "well, I knew you had a gold car. . . . ." No, I said, "our car is red."

We spent the first few minutes showing both of them the car, and then we went in to see their beautiful home.

That evening we had dinner with four of Mike's friends. Actually, one friend who he worked with a the Bountiful Temple, who brought his wife, and they were in Rigby, only 10 miles away, visiting friends of theirs. So they all came to dinner and it was very nice.

The weather was very nice on Saturday. We drove around Rexburg. Mike showed us the temple, and BYU Idaho. Then we looked for the wedding place, that was the house my uncle was born in. I swear we drove around every block 10 times. What was supposed to be easy, wasn't!

I thought I knew which house it was but, after I called Dee Anna and emailed her the picture, she said that was the wrong house.

Mike went to Wal Mart and bought the kids kites. We went back home and Mike and My Mike (well, they are both my Mike's) anyway, they put them together and we headed out to fly them.

What a ball we had! It was really great!

No comments:

 
Hire Me Direct