Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nick's Kite

Nick's kite now hangs in his room.


Poor Nick! Mike worked so hard trying to get Nick's kite to fly, but to no avail. I finally got Nick to come and fly Katie's kite. He did have a good time after that. Until the wind caught it and it flew away that is.

The unbelievable thing was - just minutes before it took flight, Nick had asked me what would happen if he let go of the string. I told him that the wind would just take it away and it would just keep going.

I think he asked the question because the wind was so strong that he knew it could happen. It did! Within seconds of it flying off, Nick started screaming! I was sitting on the ground right next to him and Katie, but Katie nor I could console him. He was bereft!

Mike yelled at him to quit screaming. He thought Katie and Nick were fighting over the kite. I explained to Mike what happened, and we got Nick quieted down, and Andrew was over the fence in no time getting the "Peggy" out of the tree next door.

Mike hung Nick's kite in his bedroom, right over his bed. It looks really cool there, and they went to the store the next day and got him a good kite.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Those are very cool kites! They probably fly better than the cheapo ones we always tried to fly! That's very cool!

 
Hire Me Direct