Sunday, May 20, 2007

John Harper - Hawaii

In the picture is John and Karen, John's son Jeremy, his wife Sotia, and their little boy, and me.

I'm writing this from my cousin John's house in Hawaii. I just wanted to tell all my kids and friends who like to read my blog that Mike and I are having a wonderful vacation!

We have been to Pearl Harbor, and visited the Arizona Memorial. That is both nice and very sad. We have been to Punchbowl Cemetery, which is also very heart wrenching! But I love history, and there is a lot of history on this island.

Mike walked to the top of Diamond Head. I stayed at the bottom and ate lunch, watched the birds, read every reader board, and there are many to read.

This picture was taken when he returned from his hike to the top.


I just enjoyed myself, and was happy that he was able to walk the 200 steps or more to get to the top.

We have enjoyed the beach and love the gardens around the hotel! There are absolutely gorgeous!

We took a long walk one day through the street of hotels. Trump Towers is going up as we speak. I wanted to see the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, and we did. It is very lovely.

I also love the Hawaiian Hilton. It is old but I have fond memories of being there and watching a show where there was an Elvis impersonator.

We just came over to the north shore today. That is where my cousin lives. The next few days we are going to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center, and walk around the grounds of the temple. I remember that it is very beautiful there.

We are sad that we only have a few more days of our trip left. it will be sad to leave.

No comments:

 
Hire Me Direct