Thursday, April 19, 2007

I've Been Very Sick!

I have been very sick! A few weeks ago I went to the hospital at 2:30 in the morning, with my heart racing 130 beats per minute. My potassium had fallen to 3.3 and 4 is normal. The low rang is 3.5. At 8:00 A.M. I had been asleep and my heart rate finally returned to normal. It literally woke me up. The doctor and nurse came in at that very minute to see how I felt.

I thought I would go home and resume my normal activities, but at noon when I was released, I realized I was as weak as a kitten. I got home and was taken aback at how difficult it was to do the smallest task.

I went to bed and Mike went to our granddaughter Elyse's first birthday party. I felt badly about missing it, but there was no other choice. I sleep several hours. Of course, I had only had 4 hours of broken sleep all night long.

I really expected to snap back, but it was about two weeks before I started feeling like myself again.

Wheat, milk, soy, corn, and sugars, were the contributing factors in making my heart race.

I had been eating poorly all week long, and that night I had a small piece of a cinnamon roll that our neighbor brought over, as a house warming gift. We had just moved in 5 days prior to this.

The sugar and wheat caused my blood sugar to rise to diabetic levels and drop to hypoglycemic levels, which took the potassium down with it. The normal range for potassium levels is a high of 4 and a low of 3.5. Mine was 3.3. I have been on a potassium supplement ever since.

I went back for a 3 month check up and my potassium level was still low.

No comments:

 
Hire Me Direct