Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sun Birds!


We get called "Snow Birds" in Arizona, because we fly south for the winter. Well, the time is quickly approaching when we will be going back to Utah. So I guess we will be called "Sun Birds" now.

If I'm going to be any bird, it will be this bird. My favorite: Brazilian Cardinal! They are all over Hawaii and Arizona. I love these birds!

People are always giving us the heads up, that Arizona is hot! They can't understand why we want to move there. Mike and I have to keep reminding them that we will only be there for the winter. They still keep saying how hot it is.

I have to tell them that Utah is our hot spot! The temperatures in Arizona during the winter averages 70-80 degrees. The temperatures while we are in Utah, range from 45 to 105 degrees!

We have thoroughly enjoyed living in Arizona this past 5 months. But, we will be heading back to Utah in a week and a half. Lots of work needs to be done before we can leave.

Ed, the sweet, little, 80+ gentleman who lived her previous to us, cut the wires to the drip system! There were two lines set up so that you could water the trees and plants at different times, and he and Doris just gave up on having any plants and the water went to the four trees in the yard. I want plants!

Mike and I are busy working hard on trying to get the system ready to water all the new plants and pigmy palm tree we planted.

There's a lot more to do that just the yard too! Mercy!

No comments:

 
Hire Me Direct